How to wash your beard is something you Modern Beardsters need to get a handle on. It really is a simple process but people and beard care companies are making it sound much more complex than it is.
It is true that you can, in fact, use a beard shampoo or beard conditioner. However, that is a choice you need to make but there is one cheap and free(ish) alternative. Water.
Water is an absolute beast when it comes to washing your beard. So, we suggest here at Beardster that you start off with washing the beard daily when in the shower or having a bath purely with water. As the beard gets longer you might want to give it an extra kick of nutrients and an all-natural beard shampoo or conditioner will give it the kick it needs.
How to wash your beard with water
- Wet the beard - Simply get your beard under the jet of water from the shower or splash water onto your beard using the bath water.
- Use your hands to work the water into the beard. Use your fingertips to get to your skin and really massage the water into the beard.
- Rinse the beard with more water and you have a washed beard.
- Towell dry the beard as much as you can.
- Optional step - use a blowdryer/hairdryer on low-medium heat to dry the remaining water from the beard.
- Apply a beard oil. This is the best time to apply a beard oil as the skin and beard hair are more receptive to conditioning at this point.
- Comb your beard through with a clean beard comb/brush.
- Style your beard and add a styling product such as a beard balm or wax.
It really is this simple.
Try it out and let us know how it went.
Thanks for your time and attention.
Daniel - Chief Beardster